UPSC Geo Scientist Recruitment 2016 notification is released for 208 vacancies for Geologist post, along with online form available at www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016: The official notification is released, job seekers who are searching for latest govt. jobs and who are eligible for the post can apply to this notification on or before last date of submitting it. Online application is started from 6th February 2016 and last date for the same is 4th March 2016, candidates who are interested in apply to it, should keep in mind that, they should apply before last date, because any application received after last date will not be accepted by the authorities, and you can miss this wonderful opportunity. Competitive Examination is scheduled on 13th May 2016, as per news we got from the officials.
The Union Public Service Commission is known as UPSC, it is India’s central agency authorized to conduct various examinations to recruit staff in various departments of government of India. It was formed at the time of British rule in India on 1st October 1926, it has it’s headquarter in capital city New Delhi of India. It works under the government of India, it is liable to conduct every selection process like personal interview, written examination etc. to fulfill vacant posts in departments of central government of India.
From its formation it has issued numerous notifications and selected many candidates for a job, currently they have issued new notification for combined competitive examination for 208 vacancies of Geologist and other posts. Interested as well as eligible aspirants can apply to it, in between given dates, for which examination to be held in the month of May 2016. Read further for more details.
We suggest candidates who are willing to apply to this notification, that before applying to this notification, they should check eligibility criterion like educational qualification, age limit, selection procedure etc. and if you are eligible than apply to it. Minimum required age of an applicant is 18 years and maximum age limit is 32 years. To get selected for a job candidates have to qualify in two rounds of selection process, first is written examination and another is personal interview.
Authorities will call for another round of selection process that is personal interview round, to those candidates who qualify in written examination, and according to performance in both rounds they will select best candidates for a job. Below we have given all necessary details, which applicants want to know and we have also shown steps to apply to this notification through official website of the organization.
UPSC Geo Scientist Recruitment 2016
Name of Organization: Union Public Service Commission
Official website: www.upsc.gov.in
Name of Examination: Competitive Combined Examination
Total Number of Vacancies: 208 vacancies
Post Wise Vacancy Details:
- Geologist: 121 vacancies
- Geophysicist: 56 vacancies
- Chemist: 29 vacancies
- Junior Hydrologist: 2 vacancies
Job Category: Government job
UPSC Geologist Notification 2016
- For Geologist: Master Degree in Geological Science or similar from any recognized University or Institution
- For Geophysicist:Sc. in Physics or applied physics or similar from any recognized University or Institution
- For Chemist: Sc. in Chemistry or applied chemistry or similar from any recognized University or Institution
- For Junior Hydrologist: Master Degree in Geology or applied geology or similar from any recognized University or Institution
- For Geologist, Chemist and Geophysicist post: Minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 32 years
- For Jr. Hydrologist post: minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 35 years
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
- For General Category: Rs. 200/-
- For Reserved and Female Category: No Fees
Steps to apply for UPSC Geologist Online Application Form 2016
- Visit official website of organization upsc.gov.in
- Search advertisement on home page and click on it
- Read advertisement carefully, now click on apply online button.
- Check application form and fill up with correct details.
- Click on submit button.
- Take printout of filled application form for future reference
Readers can write us in a comment box given below for any queries relating to above UPSC Geo Scientist Recruitment 2016 article. Visit us regularly by bookmarking this website with CTRL+D to get updates on government notifications in India.